Eco-Friendly Dry Cleaning Services
In recent years Dry Cleaners have been offered a newer alternative to cleaning than the conventional methods of dry cleaning. This new system is known as, “Wet Cleaning.”
Here at Threads Fashion Alterations we care about our environment and preserving the beauty this world has to offer, and especially here, in Vancouver BC. We have done our due diligence to find a partner who also strongly believes in a greener tomorrow to provide us with the cleaning service we demand. With much success, Threads Fashion Alterations, now offers the best of the New Eco-Friendly Dry Cleaning.
About Wet Cleaning
Wet cleaning (aka green cleaning) is the safest method in garment cleaning, utilizing gentle washing machine, biodegradable soaps and conditioners, and various types of pressing and re-shaping equipments that may be specialized for many different fabric and fiber types. The most important aspect of successful wet cleaning is experience and knowledge of different types of fabrics and proper ways to finish garments by operators.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), wet cleaning is the safest professional method of garment cleaning. It does not use hazardous chemical, it does not generate hazardous waste, nor create air pollution and reduced potential for water and soil contamination. The specialized detergents and conditioner used in the wet clean process are milder than home laundry products. All the products are disposed of down the drain and easily handled by the local waste water treatment facility.
A few fabrics — notably rayon and acetate — are invariably labeled "dry clean only" but may not be safe to wet clean. They are definitely not safe to wash. Some such garments are intended to be worn only once.
You will also notice with Wet Cleaning that there is no odour left behind from conventional dry cleaning chemicals.
|Shirt (Hand-Pressed or Dry Cleaned)||$6.00|
|Suits (2 pcs)||$16.00|
$20.00 / 3 pcs
$18.00 3/4 Length
$23.00 Full Length
|Down Filled Coat||$25.00|
$26.00 w/ Lining
$45.00 Down Filled
$45.00 Down Filled
$18.00 Down Filled
- All shirts made of silk, rayon, linen, 100% polyester, and of petite size must be hand-pressed.
- Pick Up will be 2 days starting from 12pm on regular business days.
- Bedding & drapes take 4-5 days, no exceptions.
- Any drop offs during late Friday and throughout the weekend can be picked up no earlier than the upcoming Wednesday at 3pm.
- Price may vary due to garment details.
- We do not clean leather.
- We do not accept High End garments. As we do not check labels, it is the clients responsibility to do so.
- As we follow the cleaning instructions provided by the garment tags, we are not responsible for any unfortunate outcome to the garment.